We will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your orthodontic care is as rewarding as possible. Our practice utilizes the latest technology, offering a variety of safe and gentle treatment options to give you the customized, individual care you deserve.
Every smile starts with an initial consultation!
At your first visit, we will cover everything needed to give you a complete understanding of your teeth and bite and how we can meet your smile goals. Letting us know your vision and asking questions will help Dr. Emerson form a plan that is catered to your needs. We want to know the parts of your smile that concern you most, and what type of appliances you would like to wear in order to achieve your goals. This is a complimentary consultation that allows you to gather information about the experience you will have at Emerson Orthodontics. During your initial consultation, we will:
- Determine which office location is the best for your treatment. Our Esthetique Boutique is ideal for early morning appointments and custom hidden treatment.
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Provide a complete oral exam, including X-rays and photos, to determine whether treatment is necessary
- Help you create a customized treatment plan
- If part of your treatment will include custom treatment such as Invisalign or Incognito, we will take a picture scan of your teeth. This allows the companies to make appliances that are more accurate and are produced faster than traditional impressions
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans.
If Dr. Emerson recommends starting your treatment, we will find an appointment that fits your schedule. If Dr. Emerson recommends waiting for treatment, we will enroll your child in our observation program to keep an eye on their teeth until it is just the right time for treatment.
We also have a great “Kids Club” program that your younger children can join. Kids Club members get prizes and is a fun way for kids to visit the orthodontist and become comfortable in a dental setting.
The appointment when you get your braces usually takes about an hour and a half. Your regular treatment visits will generally be every 6 to 8 weeks. We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately. We want to keep your teeth moving, so only cancel if it is an emergency.